A. LIFETIME WARRANTYSince January 1, 2023, Megamo offers a lifetime warranty on all frames and rigid forks for all bicycles purchased in authorized dealer territories. To be able to access this guarantee it is necessary to meet the conditions mentioned below.
- Only the original purchaser (that is, the purchaser who appears on the sales invoice) of the bicycle who has registered the registration within 30 calendar days of purchase from an authorised Megamo dealer shall be entitled to this warranty. Therefore, this warranty is not transferable to second and subsequent purchasers, and is automatically terminated the moment the original owner of the bicycle sells it to a third party.
- For the application of this guarantee, it will be essential to present the purchase invoice before an Authorized Megamo Partner.
- It is necessary that the maintenance of the bicycle be carried out by an Authorized Megamo Partner.
- This commercial guarantee covers the frames, rigid forks, front triangle, linkage and double suspension swingarm, excluding the rest of the parts attached to the frame.
- The original purchaser will have the right to repair and/or replace the affected component. If the repair is not possible, Megamo will replace the nonconforming product with another with the same characteristics. In the event that this is not possible, Megamo will provide the user with another product of equal or superior quality and benefits from among those available in the Megamo range in the year in which the warranty claim is made.
- In the event that it is necessary to replace the non-conforming product with another of equal or superior quality and performance, these guarantees will in no way cover the replacement or adjustment of any component installed on the original bicycle that is incompatible with the product delivered. by Megamo. The cost of any type of part or accessory that is necessary for the final assembly of these accessories or installed components will be at the customer's expense and expense.
- They are excluded from any request, breaks or cracks derived from negligent, inappropriate use or misuse of the bicycle. The use of the bicycle in competition, rental or for use in commercial activities will be considered as unusual or inappropriate use.
- It will also be considered misuse, the use of the bicycle with an excess of the maximum permitted weights. The following table shows the maximum weights allowed:
MAXIMUM WEIGHT ALLOWED
ALUMINIUM BIKES = 120 kg
CARBON FIBER BIKES = 110 kg
ALUMINIUM E-BIKES = 120 kg
CARBON FIBER E-BIKES = 120 kg
- This lifetime guarantee is subject to the study and decision of our Megamo brand technicians regarding the nature of the defect, who will determine, after carrying out an analysis of the bicycle, if the nature of the defect is covered by this guarantee. or is excluded.
B. LEGAL WARRANTY
- Megamo guarantees the original components of its products for the period established by law, in force at all times, from the date of original sale.
- In the event of any lack of conformity in relation to any of the individual components of other trademarks that may be installed on Megamo bicycles, including electrical components, the buyer (or the Megamo Authorized Partner in its case) must process directly with said manufacturers (Shimano, SRAM, Rock Shox, Fox, FSA, Mavic, Vision, DT Swiss, Suntour, etc.) or their respective distributors, the application of their corresponding guarantees. According to current law, the LEGAL WARRANTY is valid for three years* from the date of original purchase, or failing that, the one that the country of purchase has determined as the legal warranty period. Each manufacturer has its own warranty policy, the duration of which may vary, but in any case, they must comply with at least the LEGAL WARRANTY set at three years*. For the application of this guarantee, it will be essential to present proof of purchase to an Authorized Megamo Partner.
*Two years if the acquisition date is before January 1, 2022
- In the event that, for the repair or replacement of the product, it is necessary to send the product to Megamo's facilities, Megamo reserves the right to claim the costs of said transport from the user.
C. LEGAL AND LIFETIME WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
- Breaks or cracks derived from negligent, inappropriate use or misuse of the bicycle. The use of the bicycle in competition, rental or for use in commercial activities will be considered as unusual or inappropriate use.
- Tuning operations and/or adjustments are likewise excluded from the application of this guarantee.
- Problems caused by discoloration caused by overexposure to sunlight, lack of maintenance, abrasion caused by transport, contact with aggressive surfaces or breakage resulting from accidents.
- Common wear of the perishable elements of the product. For merely illustrative purposes and without limitation, the following will be considered as elements susceptible to wear:
|Bushings||Chains||Rotors||Heads||E-Bike electric components|
|Bearings||Cores||Straps and grips||Hubs|
- Inadequate handling and maintenance operations by the user or by any third party on his behalf.
- Assembly of other non-original elements or accessories to those supplied or assembled by the manufacturer.
- Also excluded are personal and/or material damages that could derive directly or indirectly from the regular use of the bicycle.